With each new preview build released by Microsoft for either Windows 10 or Windows 10 Mobile Microsoft details what has been fixed and also known issues with the build. Windows 10 Mobile Build 10549 which you can read more about here is not an exception.
What has been fixed? [Taken from their blog post, see source below]
- The Windows Camera app no longer crashes when certain applications launch it to capture a picture.
- We fixed an issue where the touch keyboard would get dismissed every time you sent a message, which made sending 2+ texts in quick succession difficult.
- We fixed an issue where swiping away a notification was causing the notification icon to appear top of your screen.
- Screenshots were not being properly saved resulting in many top social messenger apps such as WeChat, WhatsApp, LINE, WeiBo, and QQ unable to find saved screenshots. This has been fixed.
- We fixed an issue where you couldn’t launch apps saved on SD cards after reinserting your SD card.
- Pinch to zoom should work properly in the Maps app now.
- We fixed an issue where trying to set a custom ring or text tone for a contact shows a black screen for 10 seconds, then does nothing.
- We have added back vibrate-only alarms.
- We have fixed call-blocking.
A lot has improved and I’m sure there are a bunch of smaller bug fixes and performance improvements in between as well. The list for the known issues is happily a lot smaller:
- After upgrade, you might be missing a few apps. If you experience this, the workaround is to reset your phone.
- After rebooting your phone, you won’t see notifications, such as new messages, until you unlock your phone for the first time. After that, you should see notifications for new messages just fine. This bug is fixed in a later build.
- You will be unable to make calls with Skype for Business, WhatsApp and other apps after upgrading to this build. The workaround is to uninstall and reinstall these apps from the Store.
If you haven’t already read about the new insider build then read our post on what’s new here.